PokEmotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Train hard, battle harder (open)

+2
Ronili
Pepper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Train hard, battle harder (open) Empty Train hard, battle harder (open)

Post  Pepper Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:26 pm

(OOC: Ok! So, I noticed that most of the roleplays are in a specific format, one which I'm not quite used to, so I asked if I might start one on my own and this is the result. It's open, so anyone can join! Don't be shy. Pepper's a Nidorina, by-the-by. Not that it really matters. xD)

Pepper hadn't yet been assigned a room mate, had not attended a single class, and had left all of her things strewn across the room in a frenzy looking for her most comfortable tracks pants; her hair was tied back in a tight ponytail, her bangs pinned to her head with clips, her outsize ears bare of any glitz or her usual bells. And yet she had already discovered the one place she wanted to be: the training yard.

On the battlefield, appearance got you nothing. Well, she reasoned, it got you nothing unless you had a Cute Charm ability, or you knew Attract- but fierce as she was, she did not make it a point to try to worm her way out of a honest fight by making goo-goo eyes at her opponent. Besides... Attract only made sense if you were straight.

She dug her bare feet into the ground and pushed off hard, slamming one foot forward, then the other, feeling with pleasure her body's lightning-quick response to every thought she projected. She did it again, and again, picturing some formidable enemy that she was taking down- a legendary, maybe. Now that would be a good fight, somewhere she could really test herself.... though she had her doubts about whether she could win against a pokemon who was, essentially, a god of sorts. But it certainly did appeal, and it gave her a good mental image of who she was double-kicking; a Raikou, maybe, or even a Lugia.

Time passed differently when she trained. Usually, she slogged through the day, always feeling a little off-kilter and notably lazy while managing to be far too impatient. But when her feet touched battleground dirt, she found herself transformed, and every hour lasted only seconds- she would come too, as if from a trance, sweating and breathless, her body aching sweetly under the afternoon sun. Today was the same, but as she came out of her haze- poison darts strewn about the scuffed training yard- she felt a strange emptiness. Maybe it was the new surroundings, but training here just didn't have the same ambiance it'd had at home. She deftly swept the bangs out of her eyes, adjusted her waistband, and sprawled in the grass. Mmm. At least sunlight here at Teokis felt the same as it had back in Kanto.

...until some dark form essentially blocked it out. She squinted at the hazy silhouette above her.

"Hey, move your fat head. Can'cha see I'm training?" She drawled, twitching her ears, keenly aware of how completely silly she looked.
Pepper
Pepper

EXP : 7
Region : Kanto

Back to top Go down

Train hard, battle harder (open) Empty Re: Train hard, battle harder (open)

Post  Ronili Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 pm

" Haha! sorry! It looked like you were sleeping! Pepper right?!" Ronili looked down at her smiling. She wasn't there to train scince battling wasn't her thing she just liked to whatch the others demonstrate their abiblities, and make new friends every once in a while. She whatched Pepper training and when she layed down Ronili decided to walk over and say hi.
Ronili
Ronili

EXP : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 pm

"Naw, not sleepin'. Traaaaining," she corrected, arching her back into the grasswith a sly grin. "Yeah, it's Pepper. And you're Ronny the Hippup, right?" She shifted her weight onto her elbows and gave the blonde girl a quizzical look. "What're you on the training field for? You don't look like the type." Rolling over, she hopped to her feet and combed her fringe of indigo hair roughly out of her eyes.

Pepper was a little surprised that someone as timid looking as Ronili had approached her at all: In her old school, she'd developed a reputation of sorts. Gay, strong and not at all bashful, she hadn't fit into their standards of beauty, personality, or gender. Maybe this school was actually different?

Or maybe she just hadn't been there long enough to earn a reputation. Can't get your hopes up.

"I could be wrong, though..." She scratched an ear. "But I'm thinking you're a contest sort of girl- you're too liddle an' cute for battlin'. Or maybe... you're some kinda artist. So? Am I right?" She teased, hooking her thumbs on the waistband of her track pants. Sweat was still beading on her lightly-muscled arms, making her shirt itch and chafe- if blondie hadn't shown up, she would have got rid of the thing altogether. Best not scar the kid for life, though. She gave her lower back a satisfying scratch.
Pepper
Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Kim walked in to the training ground curious what she would found. Usually noone was training in the campus and the battles all happened in battle tower, but since she had woken up and had nothing important to do she decided to check the voices which she heard from unused training ground. There she found Ronili her roommate and some new kid.
"Hi! I thought I heard some voices. What are you guys up to?" Kim said and stared the new kid, amused to find such eager fighter- maybe she would get real fight for this time! "And who you would be? I haven't seen you in classes or anything.." she asked from the other girl.
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

EXP : 80
Region : Hoenn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm

" Haha! Actually I'm Ronili the Hopip. But that's o.k. you we're close!" She said with a giggle. "You're right I don't fight. Actually I don't do any of those things!" She looked arround and saw Kim coming in. She waved at her vigourusly "Hi Kim!!!" she said with a big smile. "Kim this is Pepper and Pepper this is my roommate Kim! She's a combusken. Hey Kim you're into battling too right?!" Shre said with a quizical look.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 am

"Ronili, right, right... I'mma call you Ronny, I think. It suits you." She smiled. Ok, this pink bouncy thing was obviously a bit on the spazzy side, but she could get used to that. The girl was friendly, at the very least. She flicked her ears and was about to call it a day when a strange girl approached.

Pepper turned and gave the newcomer a quick once-over. She didn't look nearly as goofy as blondie... almost looked like a fighter.

Ronili introduced her as her roommate, and a Combusken- ok, Pepper, you ain't in Kansas anymore, or Kanto. The pokemon here were certainly more varied than they'd been back home- this one, she looked like a fire type... and maybe... fighting? Pepper wasn't sure, but she decided it was best to make a good impression and be on the safe side.

She offered Kim a sharp-edged grin, exposing a set of wicked canines. Her red eyes gleamed with curiousity.
"You wouldn't have met me, I guess. I'm new. Nice to meet you, Kim."

Ronili chattered on, only now Pepper was paying close attention.
"Into battling? Is this true? I'm a big fan of the old rock-'em-sock-'em myself." She purred, anticipation quickening her pulse. Maybe today would be a good day after all.
Pepper
Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 am

"You bet! I would love try some fighting with you Pepper! I'm pretty new in this school myself too!" Kim shouted earnestly. She grabbed some air in her fist and her smile widened. "It's been long since I got to fight. It feels like all our PE classes are meant for making friends with the pokemon around the area." She continued and sighed- her smile died a bit.
She measured Pepper with her glance. She would be though fight.. Nidorina eh.. Fighting moves wouldn't be so much effective and if we would fight I should avoid direct contact.. Too bad my ember is weak little move. She grimaced. Well more challenge more fun! She thought and brightened her smile.

EDIT:
((Ooc: If we are going to fight let's decide the winner by randomness. Go here: http://www.random.org/ and there you should submit 0 and 20 to the fields and when it gives you the number put it in your post in ooc section and which ever get's the bigger number will be winner in the end. After that we should start RP fight. Please no cheating- that wouldn't be fun!))
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:02 am

" Wow! A battle! How exciting!" Ronili said eagerly. "Oh no! Who should I cheer for?! ...." she paused looking back and forth between the two. She made her decision "I'll just have to cheer for both of you! Oh! I should probibly get out of the way!" she ran off to the bleachers and started watching intently.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:49 pm

((OOC: Done and done! I got an 18. What about you? :D))

Pepper grinned, a dangerous expression. A real battle! And she hadn't even been here very long. Awesome. Not only that, but if this... Comby-skin, Combusken? Whatever. If she was a fighting type, Pepper had the advantage... a reassurring though, though not a cmpletely satisfactory one. She wouldn't complain about type advantages, of course, but she found them more than a little frustrating at those times where they leaned in her direction. Pepper didn't want to win easily, she wanted to sink her teeth into a battle and push herself.

Momentarily, she wondered what her soon-to-be-foe's ability might be. As the rare Nidorina who had Rivalry, not Poison Point, she automatically had yet another advantage- because she was fighting another girl, her attack power would be boosted. She smirked. Her ability was a strange but suitable match for her, and as a rule hardly anyone noticed before a fight.
"Oh, I agree. Much as I love doing laps around the track, that isn't real training to me."

She dug her bare toes into the grass, feeling adrenaline and venom flood her, her ability filling her muscles with power. Ever inch of her skin was responding to the coming battle, tense and excited all at once. She pinned her bangs back and tried to act casual.

"Should we flip a coin for first move?"
Pepper
Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

((ooc: 9... oh maan Kim is going to be some angst kid after this! Well she is going to be hospitalized for this one!))

Kim noticed that she had a fight ahead. 'Finally!' She thought. She took a fighting pose and smirked to the Nidorina. 'Kind of heavy-built and clumsy looking, but I mustn't think she will be affected by that..'
"You are ready and I'm ready so which ever will be the first to want a move so be it", Kim said and stood still. 'The longer I manage keep her away and continue the match the faster I will get, because of my speed boost...' She was smart fighter and not dashing to battle headfirst was her plan for this one.
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 pm

She noticed the smirk. Hmm. Was the fire-bird a little on the smug side? Well, that would be resolved soon enough. The sun beat down hard on her, sweat beading on her skin. She knew she would have to play this one hard but steady- her opponent looked fast. She would have to let her run out of steam if she had any hope of winning, to take the edge off of her attacks... let her tire herself out dashing about on the playing field, and with a few well-placed double-kicks she could scrounge a victory out of this battle.

She dug her toes into the ground and braced herself, squaring her shoulders at an angle from her opponent.

"All right, I'll go first!"

In a whirl of battleground dust, and threw herself at her opponent headfirst, kicked off and slid one leg out from beneath- a feigned double-kick that she didn't aim to land. At the last minute, she spun and slammed a bespiked shoulder blade forward instead of a foot. Her poison sting was a solid one, but she couldn't be sure, with such a fast opponent, if it had landed.

She landed on the balls of her feet, quiet as a mouse, her hair dark with sweat and eyes peeled for her opponent's reaction.

Pepper
Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:27 am

Peppers poison sting hit harder than Kim was ready to admit. She felt how the poison started to spread into her body from the little contusion. 'And I thought I could avoid it! She is faster than she looks! Well I can continue this for a while, but this hurts!' She thought and turned to face her opponent.
Sweat drop escaped her head. 'That's unusual... I never sweat... This must be worse than I thought!' She wheezed. 'What on earth is this!?' She thought and dropped to her knees. "*Wheeze*.. You gotta be kidding me..." she said and threw an ember towards the opponent. Kim was gasping and couldn't look if the ember hit. 'I'm totally out of shape!' she thought and wheezed...' Looks like my plan won't work...'
She slowly got onto her feet, but her vision was blurred and she wasn't sure where the opponent was..
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Hearing the commotion Edana looked out the window and saw the battle taking place. "Well something is at least happening down there. Maybe I should go have a look." She gets up and walks down to the training grounds and watches the Nidorina fight a fellow Fire type.

"This will be an interesting battle. Can't wait t see who's the victor." She whispered to herself.
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

EXP : 62
Region : Johto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Kim gasped and stood up. "I'm not feeling too well. You win this time, but next time I will beat you! I'm sure of it! I just need to work harder!" She wobbled towards the school nurses office gasping. 'I'm so out of shape.. I need to get better... I think my father would be dissapointed and think I am slacking off!' She noticed some new boy in the corner of the field, but wasn't really on the mood for trying to contact him. ((She think Ed is a boy and can't see well at the moment))
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 pm

"Wow! you we're both so great!" Ronili said jumping out of her seat. Just then she saw soeone new walk in. She ran over to introduce herself. "Hi I'm Ronili! Wow! are you a fire type like Kim?! Cool! What's your name?!" She said running right up to the person. She heard Kim Talking to Pepper and looked at the two of them. She realised Kim was staggering twords them, she looked hurt! "Hey Pepper! Let's help Kim get to the nurse!... Oh you can come too if you like!" She said to the other student.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm

"Sure, I'm happy to help a fellow Fire-type." Ed walks over and takes Kim up in her arms, carrying her bridal style. "Forgive me, but you seem to be poisoned. Better not to move as much or it will only get worst." She smiles at Kim.
Looking at the Grass type, Ronili, she bowed her head slightly, "Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier but, I'm Ed Edgemont. It's nice to meet you, Ronili...." She looks over at Kim, "...Kim. Am I correct at that?"
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Ronili skipped along behind them happy that Kim was getting help. "Wow Ed your super strong! How'd you get so strong? Do you battle like Kim and Pepper do?! I've never battled but it sure is fun to whatch!" Ronili blabbered only cheerily.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Ed smiled at Ronili, "Well I get my strength from breeding. My father is a Rhydon. He was wearing a power bracer when they well....made me and I gain his strength. That's all." She laughed. "But I do like to fight, but only in tournament or if there's no avoiding it. Like training, for class."
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:52 pm

"wow that's cool!" Ronili said with a smile. "I useually skip class whenever we have to battle. I know I shouldn't but I'm just too scared to battle. I guess I'm just too nice." Ronili laughed at her weakness but she didn't mind. That's just the kind of person she was and it was o.k. with her.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Ed smiled at the Hoppip and continued carry the fellow fire type. "So how old are you Ronili?"
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm

"Oh I'm 15! But alot of people say I look and act younger. But thats o.k. because alot of teens seem to have alot of stress and I'd rather just be me and have fun! Ya know what I mean?" Ronili said skipping along. She seemed to dance everywhere she went. Just like a little girl.
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Ed chuckled at her. "I understand that. like to have fun then overly stress out on things."
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tae Hee Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 am

Since they were moving and Kim wasn't feeling so well she let Ed carry her.
"Thanks Ed. And yes you are correct I'm Kim. My whole name is Kim Tae Hee. Kim is really my surname, but I would prefer if you used it for now"
, Kim looked Ed and smiled, "my father thinks breeding is for weak people, but I shouldn't let my fathers judgment decide for me..." Her smile dies a bit and she keeps muttering to herself for a while. Then she noticed that Ed might be a girl, but decided that wasn't important since she was helping. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I pissed of because I lost.. Sorry. It's blurring my judgement. Sorry.." She keeps muttering sorry for a while and then faints.
Kim Tae Hee
Kim Tae Hee

Back to top Go down

Post  EdanaEdgemont Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Ed noticed Kim faint and she looked down. "Kim.... Crap her breathing has slowed. Ronili run ahead and notify the nurse that there is a poisoned student coming in." Ed gently hopped Kim in her arms and held her close as she run towards the nurse's office. Her nose searching for a Chansey or Blissey, or medicine. She didn't let Kim move too much in her arms. "Just hang in there Kim. You can trust me."
EdanaEdgemont
EdanaEdgemont

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronili Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm

"It's o.k. Kim!" Ronili said as Kim kept apologizing. Ronili noticed Kim faint as well. "Yes ma'am!" she saluted and ran off. She flung open the door to the office. "Hurry! A poisoned student is coming in!"
Ronili
Ronili

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next